4/15/13

Orange and Navy

Top (J CREW - old, similar here); Blazer (Zara); Belt (Old Navy); Skirt (Banana Republic - old); Shoes (Calvin Klein - old); "A" Necklace (thrifted in Westerville, OH); Chain Necklace (Accessory Concierge); Bracelet (thrifted in Westerville, OH); Watch (Michele - gifted from Joe)









What She Says:

Who knew that work attire could be so exciting?  I actually was pretty proud and excited about this outfit.  I have owned these pieces for multiple years yet I had never thought to pair them all together.  The top is definitely the "statement" in this look, but the navy blazer tones it down a bit.  The neon yellow belt from Old Navy is icing on the cake.


What He Says:

Orange and navy, eh?  Well, quite a few schools have orange and navy as their colors.  I can think of Illinois, Florida, Auburn, Boise State, Syracuse, and Virginia, so clearly this is not the most outrageous color combination ever invented.  Even Peyton Manning now wears orange and navy while choking away playoff games.  To me, the most interesting piece of this outfit is the blouse.  If I saw that thing on a hanger, I would assume it belongs to a 70 year-old woman.  And yet once my wife puts it on, it somehow looks age-appropriate.


No comments:

Post a Comment